Monday, July 6, 2009

At a Cafe in Burlington

So I'm sitting here, in Burlington, looking up how to do calculus on the internet because I don't have my roomies here to help me. There's actually a great wiki textbook on calculus (or it's great so far in its description of functions). So there I am - on the internet in Muddy Waters - concentrating hard - and this dude starts talking about his career as a camp counselor or something mundane like that. And he's talking for like 30 minutes and I'm thinking "OK, this is like an interview or something", but he doesn't stop, and then the girl that he's talking to tries to say something or relate to him in some way and he responds "No, it's not really like that" before going on for another 15 minutes, so I figured that it probably isn't an interview. Then I leave to go to Burlington Records...to pick up some records.

I came back 45 minutes later and he was doing the same thing to the same poor girl. It may have gone on all night. I'm not sure, I left a little bit later.

Fast forward to today. This middle-aged guy is monologuing to this girl about how he used to play minor roles in Shakespeare plays at UVM when he was 14 or something. This also went on for at least 30 minutes during which his poor girl said not much, either. Turns out that this was an interview, though. But at the same time, he was the interviewer.

So, if you want the opportunity to speech about yourself to poor girls in Burlington, then I highly suggest Muddy Waters on Main. They have great coffee and play nothing but The Beatles and Pink Floyd like the rest of UVM.

But seriously, I really do like the cafe.

Miss you Dirk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment