Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Blog

My new job involves a lot of staring at HTML while I'm busy making mass emails with Exact Target, so I've decided to develop that staring and force it into something practical and make a new blog. Well, come to think of it, I don't know how practical blogs are, but I figure web development might be. The blog is under construction, though, like pretty hardcore. I have a background image in mind, but I haven't had time to make it, and my pirated Photoshop license just expired something "catastrophic" and Gimp is the weirdest program ever, and there's no RSS as of yet, and the padding between the header and the wrapper isn't so hot (in Firefox). I'm really tired, too. BUT, what I'm sort of proud of is the fact that if you make your window smaller, it all shrinks to fit the window!!! Pretty cool, huh? Well, it shrinks to a specified point, unless you're using IE, in which case, there is no point because IE doesn't support min-widths yet for some reason. Turns out that IE and Firefox/Chrome are super different. The differences actually blew me away, though I had already known that they were pretty different, and I haven't even tried Opera and Safari yet.

Anyways, check out KyleValade.com. The title so far is "This is Black and White", but that was originally just a placeholder, because the page was pretty much just black and white. I'm not sure if that will change.

Dammit, I'm going to bed. This daylight savings thing, sweet as it will be, might end up being sort of killer on Monday morning.

Happy daylight savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment