Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Both Inside and Out

I woke up late this afternoon after finally watching Duck, You Sucker! which was so good, I kind of want to watch it again even though the movie is almost three hours long. But I also downloaded The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, so I should probably just watch that instead.

But anyways, I woke up this morning, right, and it was pretty cold outside. My sister told me that it was 0 degrees Fahrenheit here. I wasn't able to verify this, as I was still in bed. So I was lying there cold and unwilling to get out of bed even though it was dark already, and I was lying there, right, just lying there in bed kind of cold, right? And you know when you're lying there in bed, just lying there like everyone does every once in a while, and you start to get hungry, and then you have to pee, but you're lying there, and you just want to keep lying there, so you don't get out. Well let me tell you, among other things, I started thinking about food. So I asked myself: "Kyle, what do you want for dinner?" And I answered myself: "Why, Kyle, a big pot of chili sounds right delicious." So I kept laying there for a little while going over the ingredients that I might need, and then I got my computer and brought it into bed with me, and then I went on facebook and checked my email, gmail, and Reader. And then I thought: Jenny's blog has a delicious looking chili recipe, made even more delicious by the fact that she put some coffee in it. So I called for Dirk to help me out of bed, and he brought me my pants and helped me put them on and told me to dress warm on my way to the grocery store.

So...that's the chili down below. I pretty much used Jenny's recipe except I think I put in a lot more tomato than she did, using a large can of whole tomatoes and a large can of diced tomatoes. I also only used one onion. And I added some cumin and spicy red pepper flakes and sour cream. Oh yeah, and I also threw in some ground beef. Medium lean.

It was pretty delicious, but maybe a little too sweet? I'm also not sure if I'd put in all of that cinnamon again. But delicious. I even tried her suggestion of making some cornbread (from Matt's leftover Trader Joe mix) and that was delicious too. Delicious. Delicious.

In one of these pictures you can see how my burner has a hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment